Saturday, April 15, 2006

My Perkiest Post Yet

Just want to wish you all a joyous Easter weekend. For those not celebrating Easter, just have a joyous weekend.

I saw two things today that made me really happy: One, an old man holding up a sign close to the town green reading, "Save America, Impeach Bush". He was getting a fair amount of encouraging honks.

Another was seeing a cute little white and black boy on their scooters having fun together. A heartening sight in racially charged times! At least somewhat, eh?

Not much else to say. How unusual for me. I did eat my bagel with light plain cream cheese made for me by a very diligent young man in the local cemetery, possibly the most relaxing place in this entire town. Then I enjoyed myself by looking at various headstones. Some are so ancient that they are utterly falling apart. Bruegger's Bagels also brews a really nice coffee. Some of the best I've found anywhere -- even better than Dunkin Donuts (in this state, DD is a religion, not to be confused with the size of Jessica Simpson's mammary glands).

It was also nice to hear some church bells pealing out. Some trees are in bloom now, including a gorgeous cherry blossom tree. All in all a veritable picturesque scene! Monet woulda rushed to paint it!

Well, who knows, really, now. But anything is possible.

A good day to you, my friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home