The Funk In My Head (not to be confused with Junk In The Trunk)
I am trying to get over a wretched cold. I am also reeling from my landlady's final transformation into Nice Little Old Lady. She had a minor stroke, apparently, and I attribute this latest spate of madness to a basic neurological retooling of her brain. Some days I wonder why I bother to get out of bed; hell, every day!
I have nothing pertinent to say other than the usual gibbledy-gobbedy-gook (is that like "Bibbity, bobbity, boo" from Cinderella, incidentally?). I spent most of the weekend in bed trying to keep back the cold demons from leaping out of my chest like that scene in "Alien", and have not really succeeded. Now I am in the library, where the Same Damn Weird Library Guy gives me his creepy look every single time. Serial killers lurk amongst us, my friends!
Ah, the weirdness of life. I recently watched "Hide and Seek" and was disappointed in the incredibly STUPID ending. So stupid as to defy imagination. Is Robert DeNiro in every movie or what? I wonder if he reads scripts, or just Big Numbers, if you know what I mean. Anyway, the filmmakers had a prime opportunity to create a real movie. Instead, they gave us pure stupidity/crap schlock/why am I here, o God, watching this shit? You get the picture. Poor Dakota Fanning. The best part of the the film (I laughed like I haven't laughed in ages) was when Dakota brings a little friend up into her room and her Poor Unsuspecting Friend takes one of her dolls off the shelf and says, "She's pretty." Dakota takes the doll, turns her back for a minute, then whips around and shoves the now deformed doll into her friend's face. Her Little Friend screams and runs out the door. I laughed like a schoolgirl eating an ice-cream cone on a sunny day. Hey, what can I say, we're all a little twisted!
So rent it for the camp, then turn it off before you realize who "Charlie" really is (Dakota's imaginary friend). THESE BASTARDS SHOULD NOT BE MAKING FILMS, OK, FOLKS!!!
Sorry, this blog was just interrupted by the entire working cast of the Jerry Springer Show. 'Cause we know these people are actors (and is that still on the air, by the way?).
To interrupt the Funk In My Head I yahoo'ed (this is like googling, only it doesn't involve selling information to Chinese governments, say) Gabriel Byrne. I think I spelled that right. I have many crushes on Irish actors. Gerry Butler, Gabriel Byrne, Aidan Quinn. I could go on and on. Of course, Butler is Scottish but is of Irish ancestry, so we can quibble there, but the man is so hot it's a wonder he gets up in the morning like the rest of us and takes a shower. That's what really counts here, folks. Or maybe he doesn't shower; maybe he hires people to bathe him. I wouldn't be surprised, considering these Hollywood Types, although he actually strikes me as being a modest man. The Modest Man! Now there's a title for a movie. Kinda like the "Thin Man" series. I like it.
That's about it. Inane Blogs! Ain't that fun? Here are some questions I am left to ponder, as always:
Why does Vicks Vapor Rub look edible?
Why ARE Irish men so hot?
Why do cellphone users feel compelled to use them
in grocery stores the most? Does the sight of produce make
people feel like talking?
Why are the early morning hours the most wretched?
Do the makers of Prozac control the government?
Should we ALL be on Prozac? Or not?
May you have a bright and merry day.
I have nothing pertinent to say other than the usual gibbledy-gobbedy-gook (is that like "Bibbity, bobbity, boo" from Cinderella, incidentally?). I spent most of the weekend in bed trying to keep back the cold demons from leaping out of my chest like that scene in "Alien", and have not really succeeded. Now I am in the library, where the Same Damn Weird Library Guy gives me his creepy look every single time. Serial killers lurk amongst us, my friends!
Ah, the weirdness of life. I recently watched "Hide and Seek" and was disappointed in the incredibly STUPID ending. So stupid as to defy imagination. Is Robert DeNiro in every movie or what? I wonder if he reads scripts, or just Big Numbers, if you know what I mean. Anyway, the filmmakers had a prime opportunity to create a real movie. Instead, they gave us pure stupidity/crap schlock/why am I here, o God, watching this shit? You get the picture. Poor Dakota Fanning. The best part of the the film (I laughed like I haven't laughed in ages) was when Dakota brings a little friend up into her room and her Poor Unsuspecting Friend takes one of her dolls off the shelf and says, "She's pretty." Dakota takes the doll, turns her back for a minute, then whips around and shoves the now deformed doll into her friend's face. Her Little Friend screams and runs out the door. I laughed like a schoolgirl eating an ice-cream cone on a sunny day. Hey, what can I say, we're all a little twisted!
So rent it for the camp, then turn it off before you realize who "Charlie" really is (Dakota's imaginary friend). THESE BASTARDS SHOULD NOT BE MAKING FILMS, OK, FOLKS!!!
Sorry, this blog was just interrupted by the entire working cast of the Jerry Springer Show. 'Cause we know these people are actors (and is that still on the air, by the way?).
To interrupt the Funk In My Head I yahoo'ed (this is like googling, only it doesn't involve selling information to Chinese governments, say) Gabriel Byrne. I think I spelled that right. I have many crushes on Irish actors. Gerry Butler, Gabriel Byrne, Aidan Quinn. I could go on and on. Of course, Butler is Scottish but is of Irish ancestry, so we can quibble there, but the man is so hot it's a wonder he gets up in the morning like the rest of us and takes a shower. That's what really counts here, folks. Or maybe he doesn't shower; maybe he hires people to bathe him. I wouldn't be surprised, considering these Hollywood Types, although he actually strikes me as being a modest man. The Modest Man! Now there's a title for a movie. Kinda like the "Thin Man" series. I like it.
That's about it. Inane Blogs! Ain't that fun? Here are some questions I am left to ponder, as always:
Why does Vicks Vapor Rub look edible?
Why ARE Irish men so hot?
Why do cellphone users feel compelled to use them
in grocery stores the most? Does the sight of produce make
people feel like talking?
Why are the early morning hours the most wretched?
Do the makers of Prozac control the government?
Should we ALL be on Prozac? Or not?
May you have a bright and merry day.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home